Everything you need to know before making a booking
If your question is not answered below please contact us
What are 'immersive theatres'?
Our 'immersive theatres' are inflatable, portable, digital planetarium domes. Inside we can project everything from astronomy to biology to art on a 360° screen.
How big are your Immersive Theatres?
We currently operate 4m, 5m, 6m and 7m diameter domes.
Can these domes be used outdoors?
All our domes are made for indoor use only, however they can be used outside if sheltered inside a dry, secure marquee.
How many people can the domes accommodate?
4m dome : up to 25 small children or 10 adults or 15 mixed or 4 wheelchair users
5m dome : up to 30 small children or 15 adults or 20 mixed or 6 wheelchair users
6m dome : up to 45 small children or 20 adults or 25 mixed or 8 wheelchair users
7m dome : up to 70 small children or 40 adults or 45 mixed or 12 wheelchair users
NOTE: these are the capacities for seated audiences. If audiences are lying down (common with Dome Club performances), capacities are greatly reduced.
How much space do the domes require?
4m dome : 4.5 x 4.5m floor space with 2.6m ceiling clearance
5m dome : 5.5 x 5.5m floor space with 3.1m ceiling clearance
6m dome : 6.6 x 6.6m floor space with 3.7m ceiling clearance
7m dome : 7.6 x 7.6m floor space with 4.2m ceiling clearance
How long does it take to set up and take down?
Between 30-60min to set up and 25-45min to take down.
Are your domes in good condition and is your equipment up to date?
Under the auspices of our parent company Discovery Dome Europe, we carry out regular maintenance of our domes and have access to the very latest in digital dome technology.
How far do you travel?
We are located in the South West and the Midlands, yet where possible, we try to cover the entire UK.
What do you require from the venue?
- an indoor space with a clean floor
- one power socket per dome
Additional (optional) requirements:
- all venues are encouraged to provide gym mats or other comfortable flooring, otherwise our foam rubber flooring rates are £100 for the 7m dome and £50 for the other domes.
- depending on the nature of non-school bookings, it may be advisable for the venue to provide a full-time assistant for the duration of the booking (otherwise we will need to bring an extra member of staff, resulting in greater expense for the venue).
Do you provide a risk assessment?
Yes, our risk assessment can be viewed here
Do you offer accessible shows?
- all our domes are fully wheelchair accessible.
- as signatories of the Autism Charter, we aim to make our digital dome experiences as autism-friendly as possible. If any students / audience members would like to familiarise themselves with the dome before the start of the day’s programme, we will happily arrange this.
- many of our shows are also available in different languages, please check the catalogue or contact us for details.
Can I create my own content to screen in your dome?
Yes, we are strong advocates of the new ‘fulldome’ (360˚) digital medium and will happily work with you to create your own content.
When do I need to pay?
4m and 5m domes - payment needs to be received 2 weeks before the date of the visit.
6m and 7m domes – payment needs to be received 3 weeks before the date of the visit.
Can I cancel a booking?
For a full refund, cancellations need to be made at least 2 weeks before the booking date (for 4m and 5m domes) and 3 weeks before the booking date (for 6m and 7m domes). For cancellations made after this period we reserve the right to hold part or the full amount to recover costs due to loss of business.